Someone told me recently about Berwyn’s cruise night (1st and 3rd Tuesdays) so I gladly attended. And it’s nearby. Showcase Classics conducted the show and played CDs; click here for YouTube videos of some of that music.
My photo gallery is now online at this link.
Saw some friends from earlier shows. Charles (’64 Corvair), Carol (’65 Mustang) and Rich (’56 Oldsmobile Rocket 88). I met three ‘new’ owners; two of whom I’d seen before (Jim & Tom) but I hadn’t taken any notes. Leo, ’28 A Model Ford (brief story of Leo’s car and some photos are now online here); Jim, ’70 Ford Country Squire; Tom, ’70 Lincoln Mark II. I want to flesh out the stories of Jim’s Country Squire because (read here); Tom’s other vehicles are convertibles and I want to find out more.
Rich reminded of an anecdote about his Oldsmobile and the History Channel which I posted here along with a TV ad for a ’56 Oldmobile 88.
Here’s a teaser gallery of six cars (many more photos to come).
- Don’t It Make My Brown Eyes Blue by Crystal Gayle
- I’ll Have To Say I Love You In a Song by Jim Croce
- Hey Bo Diddley by Bo Diddley (Yessssssssssssss)
- Summertime Blues by Eddie Cochran (cannot be sure the incredible Eddie’s rendition was played but it’s his song!)
- Cecelia by Simon & Garfunkel
- Green Onions by Booker T. &The M.G.’s
- Shout by The Isley Brothers (incredible video)
- Help Me Rhonda by The Beach boys
- Obla di Obla da by The Beatles
- Dead Man’s Curve by Jan & Dean
- Jim Dandy to the Rescue by Lavern Baker
- Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves by Cher